This is an excellent at-a-glance resource that those engaged in ADVANCE work should have at their finger tips! Check it out!
Needing data for your latest presentation on faculty women in STEM? Check out this fabulous graphical tool by the Chronicle of Higher Education for looking at racial-ethnicity/gender demography among tenure-track faculty in US. http://chronicle.com/
Check out this amazing project and video: Living Thinkers: An Autobiography of Black Women in the Ivory Tower.
The template integrates data from 5 national and local sources:
- Ph.D. Pipelines data: NSF Survey of Earned Doctorates, (2012) https://ncsesdata.nsf.ov/webcaspar/
- Postdoc pipeline data: Survey of Graduate Students & Postdocs (2012) https://ncsesdata.nsf.gov/webcaspar/
- Department Peer Data: AAU Data Exchange obtained from the university’s Office of Institutional Assessment or similar office
- School & Department Data: Obtained from the university’s Office of Institutional Assessment or similar office
- Applicant Data: Obtained from the university’s Office of Human Resources
Data entered into the “raw data template,” will generate a gender by race data table, along with graphs depicting the data by gender, and gender by race for the academic department of interest.
At our next AIM Network meeting (Oct. 13th, 2015; 11:30 am ET), Dr. Kelly Feltault, U.Va. CHARGE Program Manager, will demonstrate how to use the template. AIM Network members and guests will have the opportunity to share faculty recruitment tools they are using, and discuss considerations for using the proposed template at their institutions. JOIN US!
If you are interested in participating, please send a request to advanceAIMnetwork@gmail.com.